God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, February 5, 2009 - Happy Birthday Justin and Gary

Good afternoon, Campers.
Today's entry is late because I had a staff meeting this morning. We met at St. Joe's in St. Louis. Staff meetings are a challenge for me because I suspect that I am the only conservative in the room. I get tired of hearing about the evils of Capitalism and how we are such a greedy, selfish country. We are so selfish that our best and brightest and their families make countless sacrifices to serve in our military. We are so greedy that we send aide to those in need in our country and to other countries around the world. And how dare those capitalist companies insist on making a profit just so that they can employ people who in turn pay taxes (unlike some of our prominent politicians) and spend their money which in turn fuels the economy. And then there are those who tithe 10 percent of their income (in addition to what the government confiscates in order to "help the poor" with pork barrel social programs) to fund the work of Christ on earth. I don't understand this hatred for our country that some want to spew. It's hard to keep my mouth shut and I don't usually succeed. This doesn't earn me many brownie points, but at this stage of life, I am not interested in brownie points.

After the meeting, as a reward for keeping my mouth shut at least a couple of times when I wanted to spout off, I went exploring some the shops and antique malls that I never had a chance to visit while I was working two jobs.
**********************************************************

Word of the day:
Memorial of Saint Agatha, virgin and martyr
Gospel
Mk 6:7-13

Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two
and gave them authority over unclean spirits.
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick
—no food, no sack, no money in their belts.
They were, however, to wear sandals but not a second tunic.
He said to them,
"Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave from there.
Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you,
leave there and shake the dust off your feet
in testimony against them."
So they went off and preached repentance.
The Twelve drove out many demons, and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.


God bless our troops!

*****************************************************

No comments: