God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, February 9, 2009

Never made it to the blogs yesterday. It was just one of those days that kind of got away from me. I mostly puttered - avoiding the task of cleaning because there is so much to be done. But as Flylady says, "babystep." Actually, I did do some zone work. Our laundryroom also serves as an office of sorts. I keep my music files and paper in there. Paperwork is my biggest challenge in my job at the church. Playing Mass is the easy part, the joy, but the ensuing paperwork gets away from me every now and then. Oh, let's be honest, my files are a mess. This week our zone was the entryway - well, our laundryroom is also the entryway to our house so that's where I spend some time yesterday. I did make headway on my music files. I got the Mass settings and psalms sorted and organized. Now I am slogging my way through boxes of music that has to be filed. Once I get it set up, it should be easier since I have a little more time. But then tiime isn't always the problem, is it? I get sidetracked with things I'd rather be doing. For example, yesterday I decided that I wanted to make some of those scented coasters.

I need to tweak the process, and this one isn't finished off yet, but it smells yummy!
*****************************************************************

Word of the day:
Saturday of the Fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Mk 6:30-34


The Apostles gathered together with Jesus
and reported all they had done and taught.
He said to them,
"Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while."
People were coming and going in great numbers,
and they had no opportunity even to eat.
So they went off in the boat by themselves to a deserted place.
People saw them leaving and many came to know about it.
They hastened there on foot from all the towns
and arrived at the place before them.

When Jesus disembarked and saw the vast crowd,
his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Jesus knew the importance of taking time to re-group. Taking care of oneself is not a selfish act. We need time for renewal if we are to continue to be able to serve others. He has given us example.


God bless our troops!

****************************************************

2 comments:

IdaR said...

I'd love the instructions on making those scented coasters. They look really easy and sound wonderful.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Hi Ida,
Here's how you do the coasters. They're trickier than they look though. Make a tube of fabric out of 2.5 inches of material. Pour scented rice into it. Coil it and then I glued it, but I don't like the way it looks. I need to tweak it a bit more.

Hugs,
Mary