God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - Alma Highland Festival

Anna and I got the tent set up last night. I think we have a good spot. We'll be able to see the runners and the parade. I'm a little nervous about the soap booth just across the aisle from me and the fudge booth a couple aisles over, but we shall see what we shall see. Scattered light rain is predicted for today. I hope it stays away. :)

****************************************************
Word of the day:
Saturday of the Sixth week of Easter
Today the Church celebrates : St William of Rochester

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 16:23-28.

On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father. On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you. For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."


*******************************************************************

1 comment:

IdaR said...

Competition is good for business, though, and I bet you've been doing this long enough that you have 'regulars' come to your booth, regardless of who is close by. Good luck and have fun!