God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our house is warm today - it's nice outside temp wise, but it's raining. I still can't smell anything which is a true bummer since that's my favorite part of my job. I packaged up yesterday's orders to deliver this weekend. People find it handy to call me to put together a quick gift. I love to do it. I love making things look prim and country. Next week I should be able to get back in the basement and start to get things organized.

Today I have to finish putting folders together for John's memorial CD. I just discovered that I left the title song out of the packets. Gotta fix that pronto!
The choir will rehearse on May 20 and 27th and then we will record on June 17th

Tomorrow night the kids are coming over in the evening to grill burgers and make Taco salad for Mother's day. My favorite way to celebrate - just hangin' out with family. Good times.
****************************************************************
Word of the day:
Saturday, 09 May 2009
Saturday of the Fourth week of Easter
Today the Church celebrates : St. Pachomius, Ven. Thomas Pickering, Lay brother and martyr (+ 1665)
Gospel
Jn 14:7-14


Jesus said to his disciples:
"If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him."
Philip said to Jesus,
"Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father.
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it."


**************************************

No comments: