God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, May 7, 2009-National day of prayer?

I will not comment on President Obama's failure to recognize the National Day of Prayer. The action kind of speaks for itself.
******************************************************************

Yesterday I got a batch of Apple Jack 'n Peel candles made. It's very weird to make candles when you can't smell them. Today I make a batch of spice plum and a batch of pumpkin crunch cake. I packaged up the rest of the lavender soap too. I need to take a mop to that basement and then I need to catch up on the cleaning and organizing. I'm sure all of that dampness has not helped my bronchial situation.

Anna has been working on mixes for the Alma show. We will be concentrating on mixes and soap.

Today my buddies are coming over. They couldn't come on Tuesday because I was sick so I am looking forward to this afternoon.

I am just about finished with my March block for the Thimbleberries club. Piecing and accuracy still remain a challenge for me. I will get pics up of the new blocks as soon as I sew the last seam of the 12 inch block.
**********************************************

Oh wow! The greatest thing just happened. I was contacted by a customer who wanted to write us up in her blog! I just went to the site and read it. One of the most rewarding things about our family business is hearing from people who love what we do. Not only do I love the article Melanie wrote about us, but I am adding her blog to my "follow" list. She writes about anything and everything and I think her blog is going to be one of my favs!

*****************************************
Here's another pic from our trip to the Lizard and Snake museum with Clayton and Claire. I love the look on Clayton's face as he takes Claire for a ride on the combine. Of course when Clayton rides on Grandpa's combine, peanut M&Ms have to be part of the mix.



******************************************************
Word of the day:
Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Gospel
Jn 13:16-20

When Jesus had washed the disciples' feet, he said to them:
"Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master
nor any messenger greater than the one who sent him.
If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it.
I am not speaking of all of you.
I know those whom I have chosen.
But so that the Scripture might be fulfilled,
The one who ate my food has raised his heel against me.
From now on I am telling you before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send
receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me."


****************************************************

1 comment:

IdaR said...

Very nice article. You can't pay for advertising as good as that. I hope you will be getting lots of new customers from it. Be blessed!