God Bless Our Troops

June 27, 2009

The heat is finally starting to let up. I have a couple batches of grubbies to make today to fill an order. I also have to package some simmer scents. It's hard to get into any kind of groove until after Alaska.

The kids stayed over on Thursday night and we all watched Evening Primroses open. I never watch Evening Primroses without thinking of my mother-in-law. Agnes used to love to watch them open every night during the summer. She had thousands of them on the west side of her house. After all the flowers were open, the humming birds would come. We spent many summer evenings across the road watching the primroses open.

I spent the day with Clay and Claire yesterday. We went to Penney's to return an item and Claire entertained everyone by throwing her arms around Clay and declaring "I love you my big brudder." Then she thought it would be fun to wrestle. Then she decided she had to go potty, but all she really wanted was to check out the bathrooms. On the way out of the store she got down on all fours and decided it was time to "extercise." Claire is what my dad used to call "a little hambone."

After that we headed over to the St. Mary's treasure sale where each of them were allowed to pick out 2 things. Claire got a plastic Minnie Mouse and a Blues Clues stuffed dog. Clayton got a stuffed tiger and a wicker pumpkin with a ghost in it (so he could decorate his bedroom for Halloween.) While we were at St. Mary's we went into the church to pick up a folder I needed. Clay thought it was quite cool that we were "sneaking into the church with nobody there."

Next we headed over to Miss Dottie's to deliver an order. Dottie helped us out at a couple of craft shows and took her payment in product.

We got home in time to make lunch for Grandpa. Then it was naptime.

We had pizza with Sam and Kelli last night and I got to spend some quality time with our newest granddaughter. She's a real cutie. Her looks change a little every day.

*******************************************************************************

Saturday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : , , St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (+ 444), St. Lasdilas, King (1041-1095)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 8:5-17.

When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully." He said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion said in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the kingdom of heaven, but the children of the kingdom will be driven out into the outer darkness, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth." And Jesus said to the centurion, "You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you." And at that very hour (his) servant was healed. Jesus entered the house of Peter, and saw his mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand, the fever left her, and she rose and waited on him. When it was evening, they brought him many who were possessed by demons, and he drove out the spirits by a word and cured all the sick, to fulfill what had been said by Isaiah the prophet: "He took away our infirmities and bore our diseases."

*******************************************************

No comments: