God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, November 22, 2009 - Feast of Christ the King

Yesterday was our final big craft show of the season. The Shepherd BPA show, the smallest of all of our usual fall craft shows, is our best single day show of the year. It was where we got our start and it is our largest source of support.

We tithe 10 percent of our gross on all craft shows. We believe it is a very small thank you to God for blessing our efforts. We purchased phone cards for the troops and made a donation to the Cancer society honoring a dear friend who is celebrating a victory over breast cancer. Our final dollars will go to a family who is struggling this year. It isn't much, and won't solve their problems, but it will let them know in a tangible way that we love and support them. I was thinking about that this morning. Thinking about all of the people who could use love, support, and some financial aid from loved ones. I was feeling overwhelmed by how much is needed and thinking about our little bit of tithe money. Every now and then God sends me what Flylady calls "a God Breeze." Today's was, "not being able to help everyone is no excuse for not helping anyone." When I was a kid there was a PSA that came on every now and then. It was a little song and the words were, "if everyone lit just one little candle, what a bright world this would be."

I think I will make some candles today. :)


*********************************
Today is the feast day of my chosen patron saint - St. Cecilia - patroness of music and musicians!

Our Lord Jesus Christ the King - Solemnity
Today the Church celebrates : St. Cecilia
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 18:33-37.


So Pilate went back into the praetorium and summoned Jesus and said to him, "Are you the King of the Jews?" Jesus answered, "Do you say this on your own or have others told you about me?" Pilate answered, "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What have you done?" Jesus answered, "My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants (would) be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not here." So Pilate said to him, "Then you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say I am a king. For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."

No comments: