God Bless Our Troops

Monday, November 23, 2009

Well, we have about 15 stockings left to do. The orders are tapering off for the year as we get closer to Christmas. We took orders for 130 this year. That doesn't include some orders I had last in the late summer. This year I have revise my order taking so that I have order list sheets rather than the hi-tech sticky notes I usually tack up all over the room. I don't have Maddie McDoogle today so I will try and make a dent in the remaining stocking orders.

We have a wee's break before our very last craft show of the year. I will need to start re-stocking the candles, though, because my sister-in-law takes a sample of our things to work a couple of times a year. I think it's totally funny that she works at Walmart and yet people will order our stuff, and while I think our prices are good, we really can't compete with Wally World's prices.

Today's Holiday Cruising Mission from Flylady:



********************************

Word of the day:
Monday of the Thirty-fourth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Clement I, Pope and martyr, St. Columban, abbot (+615)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 21:1-4.


When he looked up he saw some wealthy people putting their offerings into the treasury and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins. He said, "I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest; for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood."
*******************************

No comments: