God Bless Our Troops

Monday, August 15, 2011

I am SO pathetic. The new purse I bought was too small so I made a new one. LOL!  That bottom center panel is a pocket.  There is a matching one on the back.  and 2 on the inside.  Like I said, I'm pathetic. Hahaha


 I packaged up the Maple Syrup festival soap set, made another lamp, some Harvest Home Grungy Candles,

and grunged another candlestick for another lamp.  Anna needs to cut me some cigar bands for the Maple Syrup festival and then I will take pics.  I'm planning to make some vanilla soap tonight, but we will see.  VBS last week put me a bit behind on housework.

Madison and Meghan were here this morning.  Madison can say "Moeggenborg" now.  Meghan is pulling herself up on the furniture.  That one will be walking early.  Madison has learned how to turn the the CD player and is quite proud of herself.  She loves to listen to the same CD over and over again.

Now I'm off to make some more stockings.  Anna has just about caught up with me.


Word of the day:
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Solemnity
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:39-56.
During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.
He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.
The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."
Mary remained with her about three months and then returned to her home.

No comments: