God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Much to do today. First and foremost, I need to wash away the gray. LOL! I've put it off too long and it is now at the crisis point. I also need to put together a basket for one of our choir members who has been recuperating from breast cancer. The prayer quilt is coming along nicely. The blocks are made, I just have to figure out how they will go together. I'd like to get that done this week so I can take it along to the prayer quilt meeting. I will post pics when the top is pieced.

I am still quilting Claire's quilt. When hers is done I begin on Kelli Jr's quilt. And then Mom called and wants a knitted scarf.

Tomorrow is the first Sunday of Lent and we, the RCIA team, and the candidates and catechumens and their sponsors will travel to the Cathedral in Saginaw for the Rite of Election. At this time the Catechumens (people who will be baptized at Easter Vigil) will sign the book of the Elect. The candidates (people who will join the Church at Easter Vigil) get to meet Bishop Carlson. I am grateful that the weather will be co-operating tomorrow. There have been years when we were snowed out of the whole thing. It's an exciting time. At tomorrow morning's 11:00 Mass, there will be a Rite of Sending forth as the assembly blesses these people at this point in their journey.


*********************************************
Word of the day:
First Sunday of Lent
Gospel
Mk 1:12-15

The Spirit drove Jesus out into the desert,
and he remained in the desert for forty days,
tempted by Satan.
He was among wild beasts,
and the angels ministered to him.

After John had been arrested,
Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the gospel of God:
"This is the time of fulfillment.
The kingdom of God is at hand.
Repent, and believe in the gospel."

God bless our troops!

No comments: