God Bless Our Troops

Monday, April 13, 2009

Sorry to have been awol the last few days. We use a cell phone tethered to the computer for our internet. Something happened to the USB port on the phone and we had to get a replacement. This happened on Friday and today the new phone came in. It felt very strange not to have internet access. I had a couple of orders that I needed to get out. I am really glad that we are back up and running.

Finally, some of the stress is lifted. Harold ended up filing an extension on our taxes. The Triduum went very well. Attendance seemed to be down on Saturday night and on Sunday morning. I can remember Easter Sundays when it was so packed that I had to stay at the piano because there wasn't a seat to spare. Not this year.

Our little Tweetlebugs are spending the night tonight. I accomplished a first. I got them both in the tub and in bed by 9:05. By the time Harold got home at 9:20 they were both asleep. They are growing up so fast, I hate to miss an opportunity to have them come down. Clayton was excited all day. He says he just loves to come visit. (They live on the next farm over.) We were down there last night and Claire kept telling me I needed to take of my coat. As soon as I took it off she said, "now read a book." That little mind is always working.

This morning I went to my first Thimbleberries Club meeting. It was great. But I realized that I have a long way to go before I can call myself an accomplished quilter. The room was packed but no one minded at all. I received my 4 packets (this session started in January). I started my January blocks (three 6 inch blocks and one 12 inch block). I tried to be as careful as possible, but my blocks are still off a bit. I'll post pics when I finish the first packet of blocks. I'm not sure what I'll do when it comes time to quilt it. I prefer hand quilting to machine quilting, but it seems that most of the group quilts by machine. There are several ladies who have long-arm machines who do machine quilting for hire. I don't know, I kind of want to do the whole thing myself. We'll see when the time comes. The club uses Thimbleberries fabrics. I could immediately feel the difference between that and the less expensive stuff I get at Wal Mart. I may become spoiled very easily. I can see that this is going to be a bit of an expensive undertaking, but I used to spend more than that on cigarettes back in the day.

Tomorrow I want to finish the 12 inch block and then finish Olivia's baby quilt. Then I need to concentrate on finishing up inventory for the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival.
*******************************************************

Word of the day:
Monday in the Octave of Easter
Gospel
Mt 28:8-15


Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went away quickly from the tomb,
fearful yet overjoyed,
and ran to announce the news to his disciples.
And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them.
They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid.
Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee,
and there they will see me."

While they were going, some of the guard went into the city
and told the chief priests all that had happened.
The chief priests assembled with the elders and took counsel;
then they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
telling them, "You are to say,
'His disciples came by night and stole him while we were asleep.'
And if this gets to the ears of the governor,
we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble."
The soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed.
And this story has circulated among the Jews to the present day.


God bless our troops!

***************************************************

No comments: