God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yesterday was a beautiful summer day. No excessive heat or humidity. We could really use a rain. Some of the corn isn't looking very good.

I made some Bubble Cuppies the other day. I think they are really cute. Madison will be testing one for me soon. They are small bath fizzies with soap on top.  I got the idea when I saw the little plastic bath tub that Kelli uses for Madison.  These weigh about an ounce and these are scented with Vanilla.  I'm running low on one of the ingredients and when that comes, I will make more.


I logged on this morning to find another post from one of my new favorite bloggers.  It's almost like Kismet that I discovered her as I was beginning to develop some soaps honoring departed family members.  This talented lady not only makes vintage soap reflecting her Appalachian Heritage, but she is an excellent writer.  If you are a lover of stories from our country's past or if you just love handmade soap, you really ought to check out her blog Appalachian Soap and Heritage.  Her latest post is about lye soap and makes very interesting reading!

My friend Deb from Springvale Soap also posted a video link on Facebook about the benefits of goat milk soap.  Good stuff - but then, we knew that, didn't we, Deb? 



Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Seventeenth week in Ordinary Time
Saint(s) of the day : St Pantaleon, Martyr († c. 303)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 13:44-46.


The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls.
When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it.

No comments: