God Bless Our Troops

This and that - May 22, 2008

On the business front:
I have been testing our new simmer scents. I have not found a simmer pot that I like yet - they don't get the water hot enough. But, I have been using a small saucepan on the stove, bringing it to a boil and then turning the stove off. The kitchen smells wonderful. The anise stars in the orange/clove blend smell mmmmmmm.

On the lowcarb front
The other night I tried the Revoloopsie rolls that Cleochatra has been blogging about. I couldn't figure out how they were different from the Atkins version until I opened my eyes and actually read both recipes. I think the extra cream cheese makes these taste much less "eggy." I am loving them.

Someone on Cleo's blog mentioned trying them with almond flour. That will be next. I have a recipe for Cinnamon Cheese Danish (don't remember where this recipe came from) that I would like to tweak with a combo of Cleo's Oopsies and a change in baking time. Maybe this weekend.

No comments: