God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pasta is boiling for pastacchina, oven is preheated to bake cookies, sink is shined.
I have to get on the treadmill yet. The temperature is 40 degrees and I see houseflies trapped inside the screen door. Spring is on its way.

Right now the house smells like an ice cream parlor. I poured the chocolate layer of my neapolitan candles. I discovered that you have to be very precise in pouring. (I should have known that, anyway from pouring the Soapie Pops) I have one jar where the wax hit the side a little when I poured, and then I knocked another jar causing the wax to slosh up a bit. Hopefully, I can remove that with a paper towel before I pour the vanilla layer. If not, the girls will be happy to use them as testers. Actually, I do need to test these since it is a new process and a new fragrance oil. Anna is working on the labeling for our Soapie Pops. I gave one to Claire the other day and warned her not to eat it. She looked at me very solemnly and promised she wouldn't. However when she took it home, she tried to get her Daddy to taste it. Claire, Claire, what will I do with you?

Afternoon update:
I made some neapolitan candles. They smell yummy!!!!











****************************

Word of the day:
Saturday after Ash Wednesday
Today the Church celebrates : St. Eucherius, Bishop (+ 743)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 5:27-32.


After this he went out and saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post. He said to him, "Follow me." And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him. Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were at table with them. The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" Jesus said to them in reply, "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do. I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners."

No comments: