God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, January 13, 2022

 This is one of those days when I look around and wonder if I will ever get caught up.  I love what I do and I have so many addictions - oops - crafts, that I can't seem to stay current on all of them.  I am gradually paring down what I do, but it will take a while.  I am also trying to get a way from buying containers.  When I have used up all of the clamshell containers for wax melts, I will be using only molds.  I don't like having to throw away the plastic containers.  I am in the process of pouring some molded wax melts with each batch of clamshells that I make.

 

 




Yesterday my printer decided to start giving me grief.  The color was all distorted.  I took it up to our trusty repair guy, Matt Peacock from MyTown Computers.  I cannot function without my printer so I will be glad to get it back.  Thankfully it was just a leaky cartridge, but it also probably needed a good cleaning. 


I started using the new batch of wax today and poured two cake candles and a couple of votives.  Beeswax is a bit of a pain because it sets up fast and leaves a coating on the pour pot and the utensils.  When I am done pouring I have to scrape off the residue and re-melt it.  I have a couple of wax melters so I may consider just devoting one to beewax. 




Here is one of the cake candles I made today.  I had to molds, but the one is damaged so it is going bye bye, 

Here is an example of the difference between the white wax and the yellow.  I love the white, but I am thinking I will go with the yellow since I am transitioning to sourcing locally.



 


No comments: